Employee health is one of the most important aspects of a company. Not only does it improve employee morale and productivity, but it can also save the company money in the long run. In this blog post, we will discuss why employee health is so important than ever, and how Mantra Care can help you take care of your employees.
Understanding Employee Health
The concept of employee health has been around for centuries. It encompasses a wide range of topics, from physical fitness to mental well-being. It is only recently, however, that it has become more important than ever. This is because employees are now working longer hours and in more stressful environments than ever before. As a result, their health is suffering.
Components of Employee Health
There are four components of employee health:
- Physical health: This includes things like exercise, nutrition, and sleep.
- Mental health: This includes things like stress management, depression, and anxiety.
- Emotional health: This includes things like self-esteem, relationships, and job satisfaction.
- Spiritual health: This includes things like purpose, meaning, and values.
Why It Has Become So Important Than Ever
There are several reasons why employee health has become more important than ever.
- First, as we mentioned above, employees are working longer hours and in more stressful environments. This is taking a toll on their physical and mental health.
- Second, the cost of healthcare is rising. This means that companies are having to spend more money on health insurance for their employees.
- Third, there is a growing understanding of the importance of employee health. This is leading to more companies offering employee health initiatives, such as wellness programs and fitness classes.
Why Invest In Employee Health
Healthy employees are assets to any corporate house.
- First, healthy employees are more productive, have more energy, and are less likely to call in sick. In one study, it was found that every dollar invested in employee wellness programs yielded a return of $0.30-$0.50 in terms of increased productivity.
- Second, healthy employees have lower healthcare costs. One study found that employees who participated in wellness programs had 26% lower healthcare costs than those who did not. As a result, they can save the company money in the long run.
- Third, healthy employees are more likely to stay with the company. In one study, it was found that companies with wellness programs had an employee turnover rate that was 50% lower than those without wellness programs. This is because they are more satisfied with their job and have a better work-life balance.
Taking Care of Employees
As an employer, the most important thing is to take care of your employees. This means providing them with the resources and creating the culture they need to stay healthy and productive. Some of the ways you can take care of your employees include:
One of the most important things a company can do for its employees is to provide them with access to quality healthcare. This includes:
- offering health insurance plans that cover preventative care,
- providing on-site health clinics and doctors, and
- providing on-site childcare
Another way to take care of employees is to promote healthy lifestyle choices. This can be done by:
- offering discounts on gym memberships,
- implementing smoking cessation programs,
- providing healthy food options in the workplace, and
- encouraging employees to participate in fitness programs.
Some Success Stories
Several companies have seen success with their employee health initiatives.
- One successful company is Google. They offer a variety of wellness programs to their employees, including on-site health clinics and doctors, fitness classes, and healthy food options. As a result of these initiatives, they have seen a decrease in healthcare costs and an increase in productivity.
- Another company that has seen success is General Electric. They offer a variety of employee health initiatives, including fitness programs, stress management classes, and smoking cessation programs. As a result of these initiatives, they have seen a decrease in healthcare costs and an increase in employee satisfaction.
NOTE: Taking care of your employees’ health is not only the right thing to do, but it can also be an asset to your company.
Choosing An Employee Health Coaching Company
Employee health coaching is a process that helps employees identify and achieve their health and wellness goals.
Types of Employee Health Initiatives
There are a variety of employee health initiatives that companies can implement. Some common initiatives include:
- Fitness programs
- Nutrition education
- Stress management
- Smoking cessation program
- Chronic disease management
What To Look Out For
When choosing an employee health coaching company, it is important to look for one that:
- has a good reputation,
- is accredited by a reputable organization, and
- offers a variety of services.
Red Flags To Avoid
When choosing an employee health coaching company, there are a few red flags to avoid, such as:
- companies that make unrealistic promises,
- those that require you to sign a contract, and
- those that pressure you to buy their products.
How Mantra Care Can Help You
Mantra Care is a leading provider of employee health coaching services. We have experience working with businesses of all sizes, and we offer a variety of services, such as:
- fitness programs,
- nutrition counseling, and
- stress management.
Making the Most of Employee Health Coaching
Once you have chosen an employee health coaching company, there are a few things you can do to make the most of your investment.
- The first is to create a plan. This will help you set goals and track progress.
- Next, be sure to communicate with your coach regularly. This will help ensure that you are on track and that your coach is aware of any changes in your health or lifestyle.
- Finally, take advantage of all the resources your coach has to offer. This may include books, articles, websites, and more.
The Role of HR
Human Resources (HR) plays a vital role in promoting employee health. Some of the ways HR can promote employee health include:
- Developing wellness programs
- Providing them with access to quality healthcare
- Offering health insurance plans that cover preventative care
- Communicating with employees about their health and well-being
- Creating and enforcing policies that promote healthy behavior
Tips For Employees
There are a few things that employees can do to make the most of their health coaching experience.
- First, be sure to choose a reputable company that offers a variety of services.
- Second, be sure to participate in all aspects of the program, including fitness programs, nutrition counseling, and stress management.
Also, there are a few things employees can do to improve their health. These include:
- Eating a healthy diet
- Exercising regularly
- Getting enough sleep
- Managing stress
Employee health is more important than ever, and companies need to take care of their employees. Mantra Care is a leading provider of employee health coaching services, and we can help you take care of your employees. Contact us today to learn more about our services. Thanks for reading!
A Word From MantraCare Wellness
Employee wellness programs are the key to improving employee motivation, productivity, and retention. At MantraCare Wellness, we have a team of health experts, counselors, and coaches who serve corporate employees with 10+ wellbeing programs including EAP, Employee Diabetes Reversal, Corporate MSK, PCOS, Employee Fitness, Corporate Yoga, Employee meditation, and Employee Smoking Cessation.