Download Work Perks Guide
"*" indicates required fields
Employee Perks in South Africa
Employee perks are any benefits or extras that an employer provides to their employees. These can be things like free or discounted products, company cars, gym memberships, and so on. One of the main reasons that companies offer employee perks is to improve employee satisfaction and retention. By offering these extra benefits, employers hope to make their employees happier and more likely to stay with the company for a longer period of time.
What are the benefits of Work perks?
Companies in South Africa offer work perks for a variety of reasons. For one, they want to attract and retain the best talent. By offering competitive benefits and perks, they can ensure that their employees are happy and engaged. Additionally, work perks can help to improve employee productivity and morale. Finally, by offering perks like flexible working hours or telecommuting options, companies can improve their workplace culture and make it more attractive to potential recruits.
What are the most common Work perks?
When it comes to work perks, South Africa has a lot to offer. Here are some of the top employee perks offered in South Africa:
1. Wellness programs: Many employers in South Africa offer wellness programs as a perk for their employees. These programs can include things like gym memberships, yoga classes, and even massages.
2. Flexible work hours: Flexible work hours are becoming more and more common in South Africa. This perk allows employees to have a bit more control over their work-life balance.
3. Paid time off: Most employers in South Africa offer some form of paid time off, whether it’s vacation days, sick days, or even maternity/paternity leave.
4. Employee assistance programs: Many employers offer employee assistance programs (EAPs) as a perk. These programs provide employees with access to counseling and other resources to help them deal with personal or work-related problems.
5. Group health insurance: Group health insurance is another great perk that many employers in South Africa offer. This type of insurance can save employees a lot of money on their medical expenses.
What is the Cost for Employee Perks Package?
The cost of an Employee perks will depend on the provider, company size, and services offered.
In South Africa, the average cost of employee perks is R2,167 per month. This figure includes things like gym memberships, company cars, and insurance premiums. The most common perk expense is insurance, which is incurred by 59% of companies surveyed. In terms of value, health and fitness benefits are the most expensive perk at an estimated cost of R1,829 per month.
Who are the top employee perks providers in South Africa?
AON Hewitt is one of the biggest and most well-known benefits providers in South Africa. They offer a range of benefits, including maternity leave, funeral leave, disability benefits, and much more. They also have a great support system in place, so you can always access help if you need it.
Amcor is one of the biggest companies in the country when it comes to providing employee benefits, and they have a wide range of options available. They include medical insurance, life insurance, income protection, and retirement plans.
MantraCare is the top Employee perks vendor in South Africa. They not only provide excellent employee benefits in South Africa, but they also offer extra perks like EAP, Stepathlon, Corporate Yoga, Physical therapy, and chronic condition reversal (for Diabetes & Hypertension), meditation, work counseling & more.
MantraCare offers Employee Perks in all major cities in South Africa
- Aan de Doorns