Download Free EAP Guide
"*" indicates required fields
Employee mental health statistics in Trinidad and Tobago
Mental health is often viewed as a taboo topic, but it’s an important issue that should be addressed in the workplace. In Trinidad and Tobago, one in four people suffer from a mental health disorder, and suicide is the second leading cause of death among young people. Employees who are struggling with their mental health may not feel comfortable discussing it with their employer, but there are steps that employers can take to create a supportive environment. For example, employers can provide information about mental health resources, offer training on how to identify and support employees who are struggling and make sure that employees have access to confidential counseling services.
What are the advantages of implementing EAP program?
The Employee Assistance program provides a number of benefits for employees, including:
- Access to a confidential counseling service – This can be invaluable for employees who are struggling with personal or work-related issues.
- Financial assistance – The EAP can provide financial assistance to employees who are experiencing financial difficulties.
- Legal assistance – The EAP can provide legal assistance to employees who need help with workplace issues
- Career development – The EAP can provide career development assistance to employees who want to further their careers.
What are the key steps for implementing EAP program?
There are a few key steps to take when implementing an EAP program.
1. Define the goals and objectives of the program. What do you hope to accomplish with the EAP program?
2. Create a plan for how the EAP program will be implemented. This should include who will be responsible for each task, what resources will be needed, and how the program will be monitored and evaluated.
3. Train all employees on the EAP program. They should know how to access the resources available through the program and what to do if they or someone they know is experiencing a problem.
4. Promote the EAP program to employees. Make sure they are aware of the resources available to them and encourage them to use the program if they need assistance.
5. Evaluate the effectiveness of the EAP program regularly. This will help you determine if the program is meeting its goals and objectives and make necessary adjustments.
What is the typical cost for an EAP program?
The cost of an Employee Assistance program in Trinidad and Tobago can vary depending on the size and needs of the organization. However, the average cost for a small business with 10 employees is around $500 per year. For a medium-sized business with 50 employees, the cost is typically around $1,500 per year. And for a large company with 100 or more employees, the cost can be as high as $5,000 per year. These costs are just averages, and businesses should consult with their insurance providers to get accurate quotes.
The most cost-effective of all EAP companies, MantraCare offers plans starting at $3 per employee.
Who are the top EAP providers in Trinidad and Tobago?
HealthPlus is a leading provider of employee assistance programs in Trinidad and Tobago. They offer a wide range of services including counseling, wellness programs, and crisis intervention.
LifeWorks is one of the top EAP providers in Trinidad and Tobago. They have a variety of services including counseling, financial coaching, and more.
MantraCare is a leading provider of EAP (employee assistance programs) in Trinidad and Tobago. They are present in 3o+ countries and have a network of 1500+ therapists/ counselors.
They offer a wide range of services including meditation, work counseling, yoga, coaching, physical well-being programs for diabetes, physio, women’s wellness & more.
MantraCare offers EAP services in all major cities in Trinidad and Tobago
- San Fernando
- Port of Spain
- Point Fortin
- Princes Town
- Diego Martin
- Sangre Grande