Download Free EAP Guide
"*" indicates required fields
Employee mental health statistics in Japan
In Japan, it is estimated that one in six workers is suffering from some form of mental health problem. This is a significant issue for businesses, as it can lead to absenteeism, reduced productivity, and an overall negative impact on the workplace.
There are a number of factors that can contribute to poor mental health in the workplace, including long hours, unrealistic deadlines, job insecurity, and a lack of support from managers. In addition, the traditional Japanese work culture of always putting the company first can also be a source of stress for employees.
Fortunately, there are a number of things that businesses can do to support employee mental health. These include providing access to counseling and support services, promoting a healthy work-life balance, and creating a culture that encourages open communication about mental health issues.
What are the advantages of implementing EAP program?
The Employee Assistance program offers a number of benefits to employees, including:
- Confidential counseling services for personal and work-related problems
- Referral services for legal, financial, and health-related concerns
- Educational programs on stress management, substance abuse, and other topics
- An employee assistance hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Discounts on a variety of products and services.
What are the key steps for implementing EAP program?
There are a few key steps to take when implementing an EAP program within your organization. Here are a few tips:
- Define the scope of the EAP program. What services will be offered? Will there be any exclusions? How will the program be structured?
- Create a budget for the EAP program. How much will you need to spend on employee assistance counselors, marketing, and administration?
- Train employees on how to use the EAP program. They should know how to access services, what types of services are available, and how to confidentially utilize the program.
- Promote the EAP program to employees. Use posters, emails, or other means of communication to let employees know about the program and how it can help them.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the EAP program periodically. Check-in with employees and managers to see how well the program is working and if there are any areas that need improvement.
What is the typical cost for an EAP program?
The cost of an EAP program will vary depending on the provider, the size of the company, and the services offered.
The average cost of an employee assistance program in Japan is ¥1,200 per person per year. This cost includes the cost of counseling, support groups, and other services provided by the program.
The most cost-effective of all EAP companies, MantraCare offers plans starting at $3 per employee.
Who are the top EAP providers in Japan?
LifeWorks is a global provider of employee assistance programs. They offer a wide range of services, including counseling, financial planning, and legal support.
Lifeline is a non-profit organization that provides counseling and crisis intervention services to the English-speaking community in Japan. They offer a wide range of services, including individual and group counseling, telephone counseling, and online counseling.
MantraCare is a leading provider of EAP (employee assistance programs) in Japan. They are present in 3o+ countries and have a network of 1500+ therapists/ counselors.
They offer a wide range of services including meditation, work counseling, yoga, coaching, physical well-being programs for diabetes, physio, women’s wellness & more.
MantraCare offers EAP services in all major cities in Japan
If you are a company in Japan, looking to implement an EAP program, Talk to Eap experts at Mantracare: Schedule a Call >