Download Free EAP Guide
"*" indicates required fields
- 1 Employee mental health statistics in Mauritius
- 2 What are the advantages of implementing EAP program?
- 3 What are the key steps for implementing EAP program?
- 4 What is the typical cost for an EAP program?
- 5 Who are the top EAP providers in Mauritius?
- 6 MantraCare offers EAP services in all major cities in Mauritius
Employee mental health statistics in Mauritius
Mental health is a very real and very common issue, affecting people of all ages, genders, and backgrounds. In Mauritius, it is estimated that one in four people will experience a mental health problem at some point in their life. Employees who are struggling with their mental health are more likely to take days off work, be less productive when they are at work, and even leave their job altogether. This costs businesses money and can impact the bottom line.
It is therefore in everyone’s best interest to create a workplace environment where employees feel comfortable discussing their mental health and where support is available if needed. There are a number of things businesses can do to promote employee mental health, including:
- Encouraging open communication about mental health
- Providing training on how to spot the signs of mental ill-health
- Offering support through Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
What are the advantages of implementing EAP program?
The Employee Assistance program provides confidential assessment, short-term counseling, referrals, and follow-up services to employees who are experiencing personal or work-related problems. The Employee Assistance program can help employees with a variety of issues, including:
- Alcohol, and drug abuse
- Stress management
- Relationship problems
- Financial difficulties
- Job dissatisfaction
- Workplace conflict
What are the key steps for implementing EAP program?
There are a few key steps to take when implementing an EAP program within your organization.
- Define the scope and purpose of the program. What needs does the program address and who will it serve?
- Develop program policies and procedures. What are the rules and guidelines for participating in the program?
- Train staff on program policies and procedures. Ensure that all staff members who may come into contact with employees or clients are aware of the program and how it works.
- Promote the program to employees and clients. Make sure employees and clients know about the program and how to access it.
- Evaluate the program regularly. Conduct surveys or interviews with employees and clients to get feedback on the program and make necessary changes.
What is the typical cost for an EAP program?
The average cost of an Employee Assistance program in Mauritius is $1,500 per year. This cost includes the cost of the program itself, as well as the cost of counseling and other services that are provided to employees. The cost of the program may vary depending on the size of the company and the number of employees that are enrolled in the program.
The most cost-effective of all EAP companies, MantraCare offers plans starting at $3 per employee.
Who are the top EAP providers in Mauritius?
Aon is one of the world’s leading professional services firms, providing a broad range of risk, reinsurance, human resources and benefits solutions.
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investment.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking, and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth.
MantraCare is a leading provider of EAP (employee assistance programs) in Mauritius. They are present in 3o+ countries and have a network of 1500+ therapists/ counselors.
They offer a wide range of services including meditation, work counseling, yoga, coaching, physical well-being programs for diabetes, physio, women’s wellness & more.
MantraCare offers EAP services in all major cities in Mauritius
- Port Louis
- Beau Bassin-Rose Hill
- Quatre Bornes
- Baie du Tombeau
- Beau Vallon
- Bel Air Rivière Sèche
- Bel Ombre